Happy Thursday! Let’s jump right into my May favorites.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) has been all over the internet recently. I did some research on ACV and found that it can be beneficial to your body. Some ways that ACV can help your skin are; reducing age spots, fights acne/blemishes, removes toxins in skin, balances skin pH, and prevents wrinkles. My mom started using it a few months ago and gave me some to try! I use it mostly on my face as a toner at night. I damped a cotton round with water and then add some drops of ACV. I rub the cotton round around my face, let dry, and then add my Radha Roseship Oil. I love using these two together, especially in the summer, because I feel like it’s a more natural way to tone and rehydrate my skin!
- I have had the book, All The Bright Places, in my “must read” stack. I have heard really great reviews on the book so I had to scoop it up! I am really excited to read this book because most of my reading is done online or the books are quick reads of poetry/self-help.
- My first obsession this month is Toaster Strudels. Even though they aren’t the healthiest thing to eat, they do make me reminisce on my childhood. When I’m in a rush to work or as a treat, I put a Toaster Strudel in the toaster, take it out, and then spread the delicious icing all over. It’s a silly obsession but they will always be my favorite snack.
- The next obsession is a hair product, Not Your Mother’s Kinky Moves Curl Defining Cream. I recently cut off about six inches of my hair and wanted an easier way to help style my hair. I have owned this defining cream for a while now, but it is a lifesaver with my shorter hair. I take about a dime size in my hand and scrunch it through my damp hair. My hair is naturally a little wavy and this cream helps define the waves while adding some texture. I highly recommend this product if you’re looking for a way to avoid using heat to style your hair during the summer months!
- Since I’ve been home from college, I have had a lot of time to go thrift shopping. I have found some amazing pieces I wanted to share! I will add the price to my description because second-hand shopping is so important to our environment and with a little bit of effort, you can find some really great things for great prices!
- First, the jeans are BCC jeans that you can find at Bob’s Stores. I thrifted them for $7. The one-piece bathing suit is Calvin Klein. I couldn’t find the suit anywhere online, but their one-pieces usually range from $50-100, and I purchased this one for $5.99.
- Next is a velvet top that was priced at $5.99, paired with a pair of Levis that cost $8.49! The velvet adds a more “put together” look with the darker color of the jeans! I was so happy I finally found a nice pair of high-waisted Levi jeans.
- Lastly, I purchased a $1.99 tank top and a $1.49 National Geographic t-shirt!
- My top 10 favorite songs this month!
- Pool – Paramore
- Carolina – Harry Styles
- Malibu – Miley Cyrus
- The Breakup – LANY
- Sunset – The xx
- Symmetry – Colouring
- if i ever feel better – Phoenix
- Live Well – Palace
- There’s A Honey – Pale Waves
- Feel It Still – Portugal. The Man
What have been your favorite songs recently?
Thanks for reading.