I’ve talked about my job search on the blog and on my Instagram page. It’s been quite the experience and the job hunt is still happening. I had an interview about a week ago and it was truly unique.
I luckily got a phone interview with one of the companies I recently applied to. It was about 40 minutes long, and it went quite well. The women I spoke with set up an in-person interview for a week later. She sent me an email with location information, and attached a file for a required PRESENTATION that I had to create for this interview. My initial reaction was to panic, call my dad, and tell him that I just couldn’t do it. I was overwhelmed by the thought of talking about myself in front of 2-3 people who are there to make sure I’m qualified enough for the job.
I decided that the presentation was something I had to do. No matter how nervous I felt, this was the experience that I needed. Even if I don’t get the job, I’m always satisfied with the skill and confidence I gain with each interview.
If you’re currently going through the same process as I am – applying and interviewing for jobs – remember to take a deep breath and put your best foot forward. The idea of interviewing is daunting, but once it’s over, you’ll be extremely proud you did it!
Tips For Interviews :
- Research the company & write down the key points of their mission statements
- Bring a few copies of resume, cover letter, and your transcript (if you’re a recent graduate)
- Never chew gum during an interview
- Introduce yourself, greet with a strong handshake, and always thank them for their time
- Follow up!!! This shows them that you’re excited to hear back from them & move forward in the interviewing process
I hope some of these tips helped! Thanks for reading.